Followers


Snow in Louisiana
Powered by Blogger.

Always in My Heart

My Sweet Twin Grandgirls

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion is decorating with vintage and antique finds on a budget. There was a time when I wouldn't have dreamed of going into a goodwill. That day has passed. :) My second love is scrapbooking all those special family moments for posterity, and I recently set up my very own scrapbooking room. I have three beautiful children, two sons and a daughter as well as a sweet (albeit full blooded Yankee) daughter-in-law and two grandgirls. I also enjoy gardening, meeting new friends and relaxing on my patio in the evenings with a glass of fine wine. During the summer of 2001, I spent two glorious weeks at Kennedy Space Center. I've been somewhat of a space geek ever since....
The Background Fairy

My Favorite Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Great Things Come in Small Packages

There's not a thing better for a dreary rainy winter day than a good craft project! My sweet niece Amy is expecting a baby girl in May and I'll be helping host a shower at my house in a few weeks. I LOVE welcoming little ones, can I tell ya? Amy is my brother's only child and he and my sis-in-law are tickled pink with the news. My mother was here last week and she and I made a diaper cake to use as a centerpiece for the refreshment table. My sweet mother is 88 years old and has a lot of time on her hands so I put her to work. We drank a little wine and rolled diapers and had a ball.... I wanted to use good quality diapers so they wouldn't go to waste. Here's a picture before the decorations went on. The base layer was formed by rubberbanding three rings of rolled diapers around a tall bottle of baby oil. The second layer was more of the same, except just two rings worth. And the top layer is one ring wrapped around the cap of the bottle. I used ribbon that coordinated with the paper goods to tie everything together....
I picked up some soft stuffed toys at the mall, decided to change out some of the ribbon, and added some pink flowers from Michael's....


Isn't this about the sweetest cake you ever saw???? Looks like the sheep on top got into the wine, huh? Need to straighten him out before he topples over....


The pink and blue curly hair bows came from Gymboree. Hope the lil one has hair! I was a bald baby as were my siblings. But when my babies were born, they had full heads of straight black hair. That was a surprise, can I tell you? More news of the shower to come, so stay posted....






6 comments:

  1. My sister lives in Baton Rouge! You must be close. I love your decorating and tablescapes, reminds me of some of mine. Twin connection too, I have 25 year old twins, third daughter 21. Twins are both teachers, kindergarten and 3rd grade. Thanks for taking a look at my tea cups. Go Saints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri! It's so nice to meet you. Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog.You are officially entered in my giveaway. Have a great week sweetie, I look forward to chatting again soon.
    Oh! By the way.... yes, this is the cutest shower cake ever!!!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, a baby....I love your diaper cake...LOVE your blog...very sweet. Come see mine.
    I served part of my LDS mission in Mississippi.
    Lovely place.
    www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest cake ever! Well done.

    Thank you so very much for the sweet wishes and tips for my upcoming trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Terri! Thank you for the shopping recommendation and if I see those sweet little grandkids I'll give them a big hug and kiss from you.....I'll be missing my little 5 year old grandbabies the whole time we're gone so I know where you're coming from!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog via Cindy's My Romantic Home. I just started blogging last November. You and your Mom did a wonderful job on your baby shower diaper cake! It is so pretty! I made a towel cake for my niece's wedding shower and posted about it. These are so cute and they are not difficult to make. You have a nice blog and I'm sure you will get more followers.

    Teacup Lane (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from y'all....