Followers


Snow in Louisiana
Powered by Blogger.

Always in My Heart

My Sweet Twin Grandgirls

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion is decorating with vintage and antique finds on a budget. There was a time when I wouldn't have dreamed of going into a goodwill. That day has passed. :) My second love is scrapbooking all those special family moments for posterity, and I recently set up my very own scrapbooking room. I have three beautiful children, two sons and a daughter as well as a sweet (albeit full blooded Yankee) daughter-in-law and two grandgirls. I also enjoy gardening, meeting new friends and relaxing on my patio in the evenings with a glass of fine wine. During the summer of 2001, I spent two glorious weeks at Kennedy Space Center. I've been somewhat of a space geek ever since....
The Background Fairy

My Favorite Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's Starting To Look A Lot Like...............

Happy Sunday, my friends!!! You may remember way back in June when I blogged about some neat Christmas resin ornaments I found for a song on the clearance aisle at Tuesday Morning.... I loved them so much that I visited every Tuesday Morning in town to scoop up as many of those 29 cent babies as I could. Click here to go back to that post. I hid them away in the spare closet to await the holiday season.

Fast forward five months and take a look at the first of my gifts wrapped and adorned with those sweet ornaments..... Doubleclick the pics to enlarge the images.....I fell in love with the gold polka dotted paper and got it 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby. I tied the ornaments on but they kept sliding across the paper and marring it, so I bought the white netting and tied it tightly over each ornament to hold it in place. The netting is sheer enough that the ornament shows through.
I'm pretty proud of my gift wrap theme for Christmas 2010...... I love the contrast of the whimsical ornaments against those shiny polka dots.


Don't forget to turn your clocks back today! Check you later; I'm off for more gift shopping!
Terri

4 comments:

  1. I'm insanely excited to start pulling out the decorations, I'm trying to hold off but I can't wait!!!!!! Your packages look gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already wrapped five boxes. I love hobby lobby paper, nice an thick and great graphics. The grid pattern on back makes cutting so easy! I am a wrapped gift girl too, bag wraps only if it won't fit in a box. Yours look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is brilliant!
    I love that idea and I love the paper you chose too!
    Kudos to you~
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terry,

    Your comment replies are set up for no-comment replies. Don't know if you know that, you have to go to your profile edits to fix it. We get lots of compliments on that color green. My husband picked it out. Home Depot, it was years ago and the empty can was thrown out. But, go with an olive green family of colors.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from y'all....