Followers


Snow in Louisiana
Powered by Blogger.

Always in My Heart

My Sweet Twin Grandgirls

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion is decorating with vintage and antique finds on a budget. There was a time when I wouldn't have dreamed of going into a goodwill. That day has passed. :) My second love is scrapbooking all those special family moments for posterity, and I recently set up my very own scrapbooking room. I have three beautiful children, two sons and a daughter as well as a sweet (albeit full blooded Yankee) daughter-in-law and two grandgirls. I also enjoy gardening, meeting new friends and relaxing on my patio in the evenings with a glass of fine wine. During the summer of 2001, I spent two glorious weeks at Kennedy Space Center. I've been somewhat of a space geek ever since....
The Background Fairy

My Favorite Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Most WONDERFUL News!

Traveling to Houston, Texas last Monday via the New Orleans airport on one of the last flights out before it closed to prepare for Hurricane Isaac's landfall was somewhat of a harrowing experience to say the least!  But my sister and I made it safely to Houston and I had my cancer staging surgery at MD Anderson Cancer Center as planned only to discover that the return flight back on Thursday was cancelled due to the continued closure of the New Orleans airport!

We immediately tried to reschedule but all flights out from Friday through Sunday a.m. were booked solid so we rented a car and drove back home.  It's only a four hour drive and the whole idea of flying was to have an easier trip home post-surgery...... but the best-laid plans can fall through, can't they?

I've been on pins and needles all week awaiting the pathology results.  My doc called this morning to report that ALL PELVIC WASHINGS AND BIOPSIES WERE NEGATIVE FOR MICROSCOPIC CANCER CELLS!!!!!  What a relief!!!!!

That means NO CHEMOTHERAPY FOR ME!!!!  This lady is one happy camper today, can I tell ya?????  Thanks to all who've prayed with me and for me.  God is good!

Terri

5 comments:

  1. Oh thank God!! That is the best news! You must feel such a sense of relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is most wonderful! Amen, amen, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am SO happy for you, Terri! That's really a wonderful news!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news Terri. Sorry you had to drive home after the surgery. I know how you feel, waiting to hear the reports. I wish you well...An ovarian cancer survivor.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from y'all....