Followers


Snow in Louisiana
Powered by Blogger.

Always in My Heart

My Sweet Twin Grandgirls

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion is decorating with vintage and antique finds on a budget. There was a time when I wouldn't have dreamed of going into a goodwill. That day has passed. :) My second love is scrapbooking all those special family moments for posterity, and I recently set up my very own scrapbooking room. I have three beautiful children, two sons and a daughter as well as a sweet (albeit full blooded Yankee) daughter-in-law and two grandgirls. I also enjoy gardening, meeting new friends and relaxing on my patio in the evenings with a glass of fine wine. During the summer of 2001, I spent two glorious weeks at Kennedy Space Center. I've been somewhat of a space geek ever since....
The Background Fairy

My Favorite Blog

Monday, December 28, 2009

Three or More Tuesday Estate Sale Bargains

I heard about an estate sale website from Bill over at Affordable Accoutrements some time back and joined right up. Whenever there is an estate sale within the parameters that you set, an e-mail is sent out to you with pictures and details of the sale. Check it out at http://www.estatesales.net/. Here are the treasures I found for a song......

A child's primitive vintage chair...... $20.00...... Won't it look adorable with a little pillow on it?
And a comb, mirror, and brush dressing table set in sterling silver......$15.00..... I have admired these sets at antique shops where they go for much, much more money.

And last but not least, a fine set of 30 miscellaneous cut crystal bowls and coasters..... $10.00... Talk about 3 or more, try 30!!!! Here are a few of them on display in my china cabinet.


A close up shot of some of the pretty crystal bowls. They will be great for fruit or ice cream.

Quite the bargain for ten bucks, don't you think? This may have been my first estate sale but it certainly won't be the last! Happy Three or More Tuesday!!!!

Thanks, Gypsy, for hosting this event!!!



7 comments:

  1. Wonderful deals you found. I've never heard of the website and will be going to check it out. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what nice treasures at such good prices! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are certainly great finds at bargain prices. I don't seem to find estate sales of this quality. LOL
    Happy New Year! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome treasures and bargains - WOW! I always wanted to go to an Estate Sale and now I need to check it out for sure.
    I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great!
    I am signing up for those notices right now!

    I am so glad I found your blog. Although I live in South Texas, I love anything to do with Louisiana. I am also a retired English teacher.

    Enjoyed visiting,
    Laura

    www.whitespraypaint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed our lunch, and love your crystal finds. They would be great to float camellias in them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha i have the brush mirror and comb set, im 17 and i love it

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from y'all....