Followers


Snow in Louisiana
Powered by Blogger.

Always in My Heart

My Sweet Twin Grandgirls

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion is decorating with vintage and antique finds on a budget. There was a time when I wouldn't have dreamed of going into a goodwill. That day has passed. :) My second love is scrapbooking all those special family moments for posterity, and I recently set up my very own scrapbooking room. I have three beautiful children, two sons and a daughter as well as a sweet (albeit full blooded Yankee) daughter-in-law and two grandgirls. I also enjoy gardening, meeting new friends and relaxing on my patio in the evenings with a glass of fine wine. During the summer of 2001, I spent two glorious weeks at Kennedy Space Center. I've been somewhat of a space geek ever since....
The Background Fairy

My Favorite Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Noble Excellence ..... The Night Before Christmas

It was a memorable Christmas in many ways. My very best friend Kim surprised me with these beautiful Noble Excellence salad plates. There is a story behind them.... Last Christmas we were out shopping together and came across these gorgeous dishes at Dillard's. They were being discontinued and were 1/2 price. I bought Kim a chip and dip set and she bought me the large serving bowl pictured. Later, she decided to purchase the entire set of dishes and ended up driving halfway around the south to find enough place settings. I've envied those dishes ever since and threatened to borrow them for my last tablescape. LOL Well, low and behold, she went on the internet and found these salad plates and ordered them for me! What an awesome Christmas gift. Here I am opening them up..... And here she is, my BFF in the world. She has always been there for me through thick and thin. She is always willing to hear me out. And with a divorce in process, I often need a sounding board. And her husband, he's a real sweetheart as well. He jokingly calls me his girlfriend and teases their daughter that she'd better like me cause if something ever happens to her momma, I'm gonna be the stepmomma. LOL

So now Katie calls me Stepmom. I know, we have a slightly perverted sense of humor down here in Louisiana. Aren't they beautiful dishes?
I adore this pewter fleur de lis dip bowl that was a present from Apryl, my secret santa at work. Thanks, Apryl!

Here's another shot. Doubleclick to view the details....



These apothecary jars were bought last summer at Old Time Pottery. I love their versatility and will be making a trip back to Old Time in a few days. Kim and Callan have invited me down to their condo....

Here's a view of the table from the foyer..... Aren't you proud of me for finally hanging the antique mirror? It's been leaning against the wall for months now. Nothing like a holiday to get me motivated... @<(;-)

Here's one last shot of my beautiful Christmas dishes..... Thank you, Kim. Love ya!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful dishes! I look fwd to seeing them in a tablescape next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from y'all....