Some years ago when I first started blogging, I posted a list I called Ten Things. It was a bucket list of sorts, things I'd been dreaming of doing for a long long time. I posted that list before my separation and divorce around the time that I realized that the state of the union was definitely NOT improving and that divorce was my only real option if I wanted to live the life I'd dreamed of. I took that quite scary step forward and didn't look back. And found the most wonderful man who treasures me in every way..... A while back, he gave me a blown glass bluebird. He called it the bluebird of happiness. I treasure that little memento of his love. Johnny is not one to give lavish gifts or send expensive bouquets of flowers. Instead, he shows his love in small but frequent ways...... lots and lots of grocery store bouquets of roses or mixed flowers and small but meaningful gifts. After dealing with my ex-husband's financial irresponsibility for all the years of my marriage, I can truly appreciate such a man. Expensive bouquets of flowers lose their appeal when the bill comes in month after month and isn't paid.
My pathology report came in on Friday and it was a total shock to discover that despite my healthy lifestyle, low fat healthy diet, and yearly checkups there was something growing inside of me, something that we all dread. That is all I am prepared to share at this point. I am being referred to a specialist and until then, I'm trying not to fret or stress. Emphasis on the word "trying".......
Here's that list:
1. Share the magic of Disney World with my grand girls COMPLETED!
2. Visit a vineyard in Napa Valley IN THE EARLY PLANNING STAGES
3. See my children obtain success in love and career ALMOST THERE!
4. Work at a job that's really really fun ELEVEN MONTHS LEFT TIL RETIREMENT
5. Learn to speak Italian HAVE THE DVD, JUST NEED TO USE IT
6. Watch a live space shuttle launch NO MORE SPACE SHUTTLE LAUNCHES :((
7. Live long enough to cherish my great grandchildren
8. Visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa
9. Become a more loving, giving person CONTINUING TO WORK ON THIS ONE
10. Rejoice as my son walks his girls down the aisle one day ... (Casey -1, That Stupid Cancer - 0)
Asking for prayers, my friends.........