Followers


Snow in Louisiana
Powered by Blogger.

Always in My Heart

My Sweet Twin Grandgirls

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion is decorating with vintage and antique finds on a budget. There was a time when I wouldn't have dreamed of going into a goodwill. That day has passed. :) My second love is scrapbooking all those special family moments for posterity, and I recently set up my very own scrapbooking room. I have three beautiful children, two sons and a daughter as well as a sweet (albeit full blooded Yankee) daughter-in-law and two grandgirls. I also enjoy gardening, meeting new friends and relaxing on my patio in the evenings with a glass of fine wine. During the summer of 2001, I spent two glorious weeks at Kennedy Space Center. I've been somewhat of a space geek ever since....
The Background Fairy

My Favorite Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Fresh Pine Wreath

I had a hunkering for a fresh wreath to hang in my dining room window like all the pretty wreaths I've been seeing across blogland, so Johnny and I drove over to Lowe's last night hoping to luck up and find one.  There were some wreaths marked down on clearance, but the greenery was dead and brown.  So for the first time in FOREVER, J and I walked out without purchasing a single thing.

I'm a hardheaded old fool, though.  I cooked all day long.  Stuffed pork tenderloin, broccoli rice casserole, fresh green beans with new potatoes, fruit salad, and red velvet cake.  And every time I stopped off at my kitchen sink, I noticed the old pine tree in my yard.  Hmmmm......

Decorating is much much more fun than cooking so one tall ladder later I found myself making a simple wreath.  It's certainly not perfect, but considering what I had to work with, not bad.  I bent a coat hanger into a circular shape and then used florist's wire to tie the pine pieces on.  What do you think?


Here's a close up shot.  I'm just loving the soft green in my newly repainted dining room and the Belgian linen drapes from Restoration Hardware.  The room seems so much lighter and airier since we painted over that deep red.


Johnny surprised me with the dinner plates to match my Twas the Night Before Christmas salad plates that my BFF gave me year before last.  I just LOVE them!  And that same BFF gave me the most GORGEOUS mercury glass piece this year.  Isn't it the perfect nostalgic touch for those toile dishes?




Merry Christmas!

Terri

1 comment:

  1. Love your wreath-homemade is always best! Your china is beautiful and the mercury glass accents are perfect. Love those cute napkins too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from y'all....