Followers


Snow in Louisiana
Powered by Blogger.

Always in My Heart

My Sweet Twin Grandgirls

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion is decorating with vintage and antique finds on a budget. There was a time when I wouldn't have dreamed of going into a goodwill. That day has passed. :) My second love is scrapbooking all those special family moments for posterity, and I recently set up my very own scrapbooking room. I have three beautiful children, two sons and a daughter as well as a sweet (albeit full blooded Yankee) daughter-in-law and two grandgirls. I also enjoy gardening, meeting new friends and relaxing on my patio in the evenings with a glass of fine wine. During the summer of 2001, I spent two glorious weeks at Kennedy Space Center. I've been somewhat of a space geek ever since....
The Background Fairy

My Favorite Blog

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wall Sayings




Has anybody out there tried out the new vinyl letters for walls? I bought several sayings (one at Linens-n-Things before they closed, one at Hobby Lobby, and one at Kohl's) and really really like the way they look on the wall. They appear to be hand painted, are inexpensive, and go up easily and quickly. When you tire of them, you heat the letters with a blow dryer and they're supposed to peel right off without marring the paint. I used the top saying in my kitchen and the bottom one in my foyer on the wall opposite my front door. Kinda neat, don't you think?


2 comments:

  1. So can you tell me how you put them up, I too have thought about using them, just have no clue how they work..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, Margaret, the letters come mounted on a sticky strip of paper with something like waxed paper on top. It's easy to position the saying on the wall where you want it and then use a few pieces of masking tape to adhere it across the top. After that, you fold the strip up on the wall in order to peel the sticky stuff off the bottom. Then you lay the strip back down on the wall and use a piece of plastic about the size of a credit card to adhere the letters to the wall. The last step is to pull the waxed paper off and you are done.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from y'all....