Followers


Snow in Louisiana
Powered by Blogger.

Always in My Heart

My Sweet Twin Grandgirls

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
My passion is decorating with vintage and antique finds on a budget. There was a time when I wouldn't have dreamed of going into a goodwill. That day has passed. :) My second love is scrapbooking all those special family moments for posterity, and I recently set up my very own scrapbooking room. I have three beautiful children, two sons and a daughter as well as a sweet (albeit full blooded Yankee) daughter-in-law and two grandgirls. I also enjoy gardening, meeting new friends and relaxing on my patio in the evenings with a glass of fine wine. During the summer of 2001, I spent two glorious weeks at Kennedy Space Center. I've been somewhat of a space geek ever since....
The Background Fairy

My Favorite Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Diggin' in the Dirt

This lady is ONE TIRED PUPPY tonight.......  You see, I've been looking forward to diggin' in the dirt all week long.  It was an extremely stressful week at work and I was SO READY to relax.  I made a trip up to Home Depot and picked up some plants yesterday and this morning I set out to plant them.  My sweet friend Julie stopped by and told me that some of them won't tolerate the sunny location so I altered my plans a bit.  She has worked at a plant nursery for years and really knows her stuff.  Here's the finished look....

That's an apple blossom camellia.  I wanted something that would grow tall and provide flowers that I can view from my kitchen window.  The flowers will be white with touches of pink around the rims.  Now all I have to do is be patient!

Once that was finished, I tackled the bed in the back of my house near my patio.... I hadn't really worked in that bed in a number of years.  It was filled it with perennials that came back from year to year so the most I've done in a very long time is spread fresh mulch.  Well not THIS year.  I dug everything up and turned the soil and mixed in six bags of top soil to raise the bed.  And in the process, earned myself the first sunburn of the season!  Ouch!  I didn't finish getting everything planted and mulched so you will have to wait to see the fruits of that labor....

HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

  1. Oh- I would trade your sore muscles and sunburn for the pale white fish belly of the winter that still has a hold on us here. Your bed is lovely and I can't wait to see it "filled in". The camellia is GORGEOUS! Love it. I have to dig up my front perennial bed this Spring. It is awful and needs to be redone...so overgrown and out of control...Last summer it was like a jungle. What day will you be here to help???? xxoo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, thank you for giving me the award, I'll have to work on it this week and come up with 7 "interesting" things!

    I need to work in my flowerbeds too. The weather couldn't be better around here, over 80 degrees today!

    XOXO!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We worked in our yard two weekends ago, just now not sore anymore! Great to see the results, but oh... need to workout more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower bed. It will look even more gorgeous in a few weeks...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness..girl! Gorgeous to die for flower beds....will you come here and do mine over? I totally know how back breaking putting in new plants can be. Were you and I seperated from birth?

    I just got back from a 2 week vacay, thank you for the award. I'm humble and very much in awe of you. You and I are such soul sisters! I just need to be a better blogger and be just like you!!!! I'm writing a post about where I have been. It was awesome.
    Hugs and kisses....
    Lamp Tramp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog! I'm so glad you did because now I visited yours and am a new follower! I love your flowers/planting adventure! we love gardens (flower and veggie) too and are planting a little one here for the rest of our year in Italy and we also have more when we return back home to Alabama in the fall!

    Also, I'm so sorry it took me a few days to respond--I've been off the Internet because we have been moving from the hotel into the new little villa the past few days!

    I hope to blog again soon with pics from Rome/Napoli/more house stuff/our pizzeria visit, etc.

    Hugs/blessings to you,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from y'all....